Friday, October 1, 2010

Leaf Project

For my leaf project, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do at first. I began folding paper and seeing what shapes and forms I could create with random fold patterns. I found that with a certain way of folding, I could make the paper curve, which I found to be very intriguing. This was my main focus in creating a place for my leaf. 


My leaf was an old rugged beaten up leaf. In the final product, I wanted the paper part to be very simple, as to compliment the abundance of texture in the leaf. I like the way the leaf is the main focus. The curve in the paper creates a focal point and the sharp white accentuates the variations of brown created by the texture in the leaf. The delicate curve is a nice feature in contrast with the rugged scraggly detail of the leaf. Overall I am pleased with my final product. My goal was to create a place for my leaf, that was simple and let the leaf's imperfections and details become the main feature. I believe this was well achieved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment